Wellness & Education
Keeping your heart at its optimal level of health is our focus and number-one goal. At Miller Regional Heart Center, we have created a variety of programs and resources so a patient can focus on what their heart wants.
Wellness programs offer educational resources and tools to help patients live healthier lifestyles. The following wellness programs are available through Miller Regional Heart Center:
Active Aging is a lunch-and-learn program designed to help seniors stay heart-healthy and active.
Advancing Wellness is a program for patients with heart failure or COPD.
FLOW (Friendship, Laughter, Openness, and Workout) classes help patients combat feelings of isolation, fatigue, pain, and low self-esteem, as well as muscle weakness and balance concerns.
Healing Yoga classes help counter stress with gentle movements, postures, meditation, and relaxation.
Stay Quit Support Group offers members the opportunity to share common experiences and challenges unique to ex-smokers and other former tobacco users trying to live a nicotine-free life.
Tai Chi classes, similar to yoga, focus on meditation and breathing as gentle movements are performed at a uniform pace.
The Tobacco-Free Wellness Program provides comprehensive tobacco treatment services that address the physical, emotional, and behavioral levels of tobacco addiction through group and individual counseling.
HeartSAFE Berks County
The goal of HeartSAFE Berks County is to improve the survivability of sudden cardiac arrest victims living and working in the county. We encourage citizens to get involved and be ready to use CPR and an automated external defibrillator (AED) to save a life where they live, work, and play.
Miller Regional Heart Center prides itself on achieving the highest level of standards in cardiovascular care.
- American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Performance Achievement (2012)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award (2012)
- American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award (2012)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac CareSM
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ Disease Specific Certification for Heart Failure Program
- The Society of Chest Pain Centers Accreditation ‒ Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
Learn how Reading Hospital compares with other hospitals in Pennsylvania and the nation.
Cardiovascular Video Library
Browse our video library and learn how the heart functions, and about treatments and procedures to treat a variety of cardiac conditions.